Be aware of these types of common stumbling blocks when designing your web site:
– Your home page does not quickly tell you what the Internet site is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Web-site and discover what the site is about, which kind of products this sells, or what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and appear but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten moments before you are delivered to the real Internet site), and other Web design features that sketch interest faraway from your Site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes ruined hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that consider you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links back in the home web page (always include a link back to the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find all their way back home! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web page is not really your marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a part of your overall online strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have an excellent restaurant although want to advertise and promote your business www.vinayakcghsltd.com on the Web. Creating a Web page is great, but once it is not advertised and marketed, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Web page URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to advertise your Site. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon from the Web site, you are successfully using your Site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet project of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Website relevance and content changing. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a website that is largely out of date. Inappropriate pricing, items no longer available, dated content material, and ancient advertising all signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is definitely suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor via getting the level of your Web page (the five-second rule stated earlier).
– Avoid just too many text results. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your internet site visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or images that site visitors are weighed down by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Site so that you may overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images with your Web site. Just read was cool ten years ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in to Web site style. The use of casings within a Web site will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Website design elements to ensure that your Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.