Be aware of these common stumbling blocks when designing your site:
– Home page does not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You need to be able to go to the home page of any Site and discover what the web page is about, what sort of products it sells, or what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animation and sound but that you’ve to watch to get five to ten secs before you are taken up the real Net site), and other Web design features that pull interest away from your Web-site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes busted hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages with no links back in the home page (always add a link back towards the home page so that regardless of where readers are, they will find their way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Website is not your web marketing strategy. Your Internet site is just a part of your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a good restaurant nonetheless want to advertise and market your business on the internet. Creating a Web-site is great, when it is not endorsed and publicized, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Web-site URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to market your Website. If you give a downloadable/ savings coupon from your Web site, you are efficiently using your Internet site as part of your online strategy to meet pregnancy of improved restaurant product sales.
– Failure to attain Web site relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a website that is grossly out of date. Incorrect pricing, goods no longer readily available, dated content, and historic advertising all of the signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site can be suffering tremendously. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor out of getting the level of your Website (the five-second rule stated earlier).
— Avoid way too many text results. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which will do nothing more than annoy your websites visitor. May create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text, or graphics that tourists are overwhelmed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web-site so that you do overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, employing today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the very fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t include frames in to Web site libertylaserclinic.com design. The use of structures within a Site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Website design elements to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.