Be aware of these types of common risks when designing your blog:
– The home page would not quickly tell you what the Website is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Site and determine what the site is about, what type of products that sells, or what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but that you’ve to watch pertaining to five to ten just a few seconds before you are taken up the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that pull interest from your Web page, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site the navigation. This includes shattered hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without having links, backlinks that have you to similar Web page, and pages without links returning to the home web page (always add a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where guests are, they can find the way back home! ).
— Believing that because you have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web-site is not your marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a very good restaurant but want to market and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Web-site is great, but once it is not marketed and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Internet site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to enhance your Web page. If you give you a downloadable/ savings coupon out of your Web site, you are successfully using your Website as part of your web marketing strategy to meet while you make money of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Web page relevance and content modernizing. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Erroneous pricing, products no longer readily available, dated articles, and historical advertising all signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site can be suffering significantly. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant material will deter the visitor coming from getting the level of your Site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid just too many text effects. Forget flashing text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and wild effects, which do nothing a lot more than annoy your site visitor. Don’t create a “loud” Web site that contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text, or graphics that visitors are overcome by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of design on your Internet site so that you tend overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your Web site. They were cool ten years ago, however in today’s professional environment, they can be just another “loud, ” irritating distraction that site visitors tend want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the simple fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in to Web site www.vmwine.cz design and style. The use of frames within a Web site will travel customers away faster than anything!
– DO combine the proper Web page design factors to ensure that your Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.