Be aware of these kinds of common pitfalls when designing your internet site:
– Your home page will not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You need to be able to visit the home page of any Web-site and discover what the site is about, what type of products this sells, or what it is promoting within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and sound but that you’ve to watch designed for five to ten moments before you are taken up the real Net site), and other Web design features that draw interest away from your Web-site, products, and/ or companies.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, backlinks that have you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without having links to the home web page (always incorporate a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where website visitors are, they will find their very own way back house! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you have a marketing plan or total marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your online strategy. Your Internet site is just a element of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a good restaurant nevertheless want to market and promote your business online. Creating a Web page is great, but if it is not marketed and promoted, no one will ever find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Site URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to encourage your Site. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Internet site as part of your online strategy to meet your main goal of improved restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Site relevance and content updating. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Wrong pricing, goods no longer available, dated content, and ancient advertising all of the signify for the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site can be suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor by getting the level of your Web site (the five-second rule pointed out earlier).
— Avoid too many text results. Forget flashing text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your webblog visitor. Is not going to create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or graphics that guests are overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web page so that you is not going to overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your own Web site. Just read was cool ten years ago, but in today’s professional environment, they can be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors may want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by simple fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t include frames in Web site hrwebdeveloper.com design. The use of frames within a Website will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO combine the proper Internet site design factors to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found simply by search engines.