Be aware of these kinds of common problems when designing your websites:
– The house page does not quickly let you know what the Website is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Site and find out what the web page is about, what kind of products that sells, bridgeandbarrel.comor perhaps what it is promotion within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animations and audio but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten seconds before you are taken up the real Net site), and other Web design features that bring interest from your Website, products, and/ or companies.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes smashed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, links that consider you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without having links back in the home page (always incorporate a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where site visitors are, they will find their way back home! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you could have a marketing advertising campaign or total marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Site is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a element of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have an excellent restaurant but want to advertise and market your business on the Web. Creating a Web-site is great, but once it is not advertised and marketed, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Web site URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to market your Web page. If you give a downloadable/ savings coupon from your Web site, you are successfully using your Web site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your main goal of elevated restaurant product sales.
– Failure to attain Site relevance and content modernizing. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Incorrect pricing, products no longer obtainable, dated articles, and historical advertising all signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site can be suffering tremendously. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor by getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule referred to earlier).
– Avoid excessive text effects. Forget pulsating text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing more than annoy your web site visitor. May create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or images that tourists are confused by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web page so that you have a tendency overwhelm your blog visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. They were cool 10 years ago, however in today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the very fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in to Web site design. The use of glasses within a Web site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
— DO integrate the proper Site design components to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by simply search engines.