Be aware of these kinds of common risks when designing your web site:
– The house page does not quickly tell you what the Website is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and find out what the site is about, which kind of products this sells, www.thehouse-ofsmile.gror perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and appear but which you have to watch meant for five to ten secs before you are taken up the real World wide web site), and also other Web design features that attract interest faraway from your Site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, links that have you to the same Web page, and pages with no links back to the home site (always include a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where readers are, they will find their way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Website is not really your online strategy. Your Site is just a component to your overall online strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a prospering restaurant nevertheless want to promote and promote your business on the Web. Creating a Web page is great, but once it is not endorsed and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to market your Web page. If you give a downloadable/ good coupon through your Web site, you are efficiently using your Web site as part of your online strategy to meet your main goal of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failure to attain Web-site relevance and content updating. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an online site that is largely out of date. Mistaken pricing, items no longer available, dated articles, and historic advertising all of the signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering greatly. Cramming the pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor via getting the stage of your Site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid too many text effects. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and wild effects, which will do nothing a lot more than annoy your websites visitor. Have a tendency create a “loud” Web site that contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text, or design that site visitors are weighed down by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web site so that you tend overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images with your Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, playing with today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors don’t want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the truth that it may be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t include frames in to Web site design and style. The use of structures within a Internet site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Web page design elements to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by simply search engines.