Be aware of these common stumbling blocks when designing your site:
– Your property page does not quickly tell you what the Internet site is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Internet site and figure out what the internet site is about, which kind of products this sells, leanscout.orgor what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and sound but that you’ve to watch meant for five to ten secs before you are delivered to the real Internet site), and other Web design features that attract interest faraway from your Site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes smashed hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without links, backlinks that take you to similar Web page, and pages without links back to the home page (always add a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where site visitors are, they will find their way back house! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Internet site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a element of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a successful restaurant although want to market and market your business online. Creating a Internet site is great, but since it is not marketed and marketed, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to market your Internet site. If you offer a downloadable/ savings coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your marketing strategy to meet your goal of elevated restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Web page relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Inaccurate pricing, goods no longer obtainable, dated content, and old advertising most signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site can be suffering greatly. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will deter the visitor via getting the point of your Website (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
– Avoid way too many text results. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing more than annoy your web site visitor. Is not going to create a “loud” Web site which contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or images that site visitors are overcome by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Website so that you avoid overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your Web site. They were cool a decade ago, however in today’s professional environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors typically want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the actual fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in Web site design. The use of support frames within a Web-site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Internet site design components to ensure that your Web site is preparing to be found simply by search engines.