Be aware of these types of common pitfalls when designing your web blog:
– The home page would not quickly tell you what the Web-site is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the site is about, which kind of products it sells, or what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten secs before you are taken up the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that pull interest from your Site, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site routing. This includes damaged hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without links, backlinks that have you to the same Web page, and pages without links back in the home web page (always incorporate a link back towards the home page so that regardless of where prospects are, they can find all their way back house! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you could have a marketing campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is certainly not your web marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a element of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a very good restaurant nonetheless want to market and market your business on the net. Creating a Web site is great, but since it is not advertised and promoted, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Web site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign in promoting your Website. If you offer a downloadable/ savings coupon out of your Web site, you are effectively using your Web page as part of your marketing strategy to meet objective of increased restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Web site relevance and content upgrading. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Improper pricing, goods no longer offered, dated content material, and old advertising pretty much all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site is definitely suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will detract the visitor coming from getting the level of your Web page (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid excessive text results. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing much more than annoy your webblog visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text message, or graphics that visitors are weighed down by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Internet site so that you tend overwhelm your blog visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, in today’s professional environment, they are really just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors do want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the simple fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames into Web site www.cocaspacusco.com style. The use of glasses within a Site will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Website design factors to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.