Be aware of these types of common issues when designing your websites:
– The household page would not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You ought to be able to go to the home page of any Web page and discover what the web page is about, which kind of products it sells, plusteach.comor what it is promoting within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and appear but which you have to watch just for five to ten a few moments before you are taken up the real Web site), and other Web design features that pull interest far from your Site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes busted hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without links, links that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages with no links back in the home site (always include a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where readers are, they can find their particular way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you could have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Website is not really your marketing strategy. Your Site is just a part of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a prospering restaurant but want to advertise and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Web-site is great, but once it is not marketed and marketed, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Web site URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to enhance your Web-site. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon from the Web site, you are efficiently using your Website as part of your marketing strategy to meet your main goal of improved restaurant revenue.
– Failing to attain Web-site relevance and content modernizing. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a site that is largely out of date. Erroneous pricing, goods no longer readily available, dated content material, and ancient advertising pretty much all signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is certainly suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will detract the visitor right from getting the stage of your Site (the five-second rule said earlier).
– Avoid too many text effects. Forget blinking text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing more than annoy your web blog visitor. Don’t create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text message, or graphics that tourists are overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Internet site so that you do overwhelm your web blog visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images with your Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, in today’s specialist environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors don’t want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the very fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t include frames into Web site design. The use of frames within a Site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
— DO include the proper Website design components to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by simply search engines.